Thank you very much to Susie at Educating Hannah for awarding me the Versatile Blogger Award.
The rules of this award are:
- Thank the person that nominated you with a link back to them.
- Tell everyone seven things about yourself.
- Pass this award on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know that they’ve received an award!
So, seven things about myself……….
Oh crikey! I assume they don’t have to be interesting…
1. When I was growing up my dad raced greyhounds. But he was never quite hard enough for it so we’d end up with the greyhound someone was threatening to put down, run it for a year or two and then end up with it becoming a house dog for the next 4/5 years until they died.
2. I grew up in N Wales although most people who try and pin my accent down guess scouse.
3. I got married at Gretna Green over the blacksmiths anvil. Couple of tourists as witnesses, Jack as the only guest, we went by train from our holiday cottage and although I wore a wedding dress (well skirt and top) I wore cowboy boots since they were the only shoes I found that I liked and it was Feb and snowing.
4. I have size 9 feet and hate shoe shopping. They were a respectable size 7 but grew a size with each child. They don’t tell you that in the pregnancy manuals. Had to stop at 2 otherwise I’d turn into a clown.
5. Pete and I share a birthday (and it is now our wedding anniversary). Means we either make a big deal of it and go away, or we do nothing if we are busy with other commitments. Brilliant, no-one feels hard done by as it is the same for both of us.
6. My most embarrassing moment occurred a few months ago when having accidentally kicked a squirrel (it ran out in front of me as I was walking along a path). I then thought it came back and was attacking me (yes I know!) and ran along the path squealing, only to find out it was my coat belt. The man standing at the end of the path looked most bemused and the kids once they calmed down (I infected them a bit with panic) thought it was hilarious.
7. I have inherited my mothers irrational fear of butterflies and moths. On the plus side it breaks the ice with the neighbours when you have to go and get them to remove the butterfly that has decided to die in the middle of your kitchen floor while you are ironing.
Hmm…15! Most of the blogs I read have received the award lately, we’re obviously a close knit bunch… lets see if I can get 5
http://paper-and-string.blogspot.com/ – not home ed more about running a craft business. But we love the kits and lovely source of inspiration
5 will do I think 🙂
Happy New Year