Although I’d done all the cross stitch, time ran out on me before I went away and I didn’t have time to sew this together to take up to Wales for my friend’s son’s birthday. So sewing machine came out on Sunday and it’s in the post today.
I’m thrilled with it. The patches are pockets and the background fabric was a real find. I did one for Jack about 6 years ago and it was just yellow pockets on green fabric and doesn’t have the wow factor of this one. Bonus points to anyone who recognises the dinosaurs from Harry and the Dinosaurs.
I don’t get my sewing machine out often as for the last 4 years I’ve been missing the part that holds the spool of thread, so it has required some inventive techniques in order to use. I’ve had to stick to straight lines! Also because the thread was loose the back of my sewing has been very untidy. On something like the wall pockets where the back is against the wall it didn’t matter too much but I couldn’t do anything where seems were more visible. Anyway by complete chance as soon as I’d finished the wall pockets I found the missing part. So look what I made with the left over fabric.
I love it! Pattern was free from here. They call it an Apatosaurus but, as Jack the dinosaur expert pointed out, they didn’t have bony back plates but not sure I’d call it a Stegosaurus (no spikes on his tail – Jack again) so we’ll settle for Dino.