Lessons (re)learned on this one. Don’t over plan and workbooks are the quickest way to kill interest in a subject (for both of us).
We got off to a good start and had fun with the route planning aspect.
If I look back over my original objectives though I’m happy we achieved all but the last one.
- Be able to follow simple routes marked on maps
- Be able to navigate simple routes using local street map, road map, public transport map, OS map
- Understand key, symbols, grid ref and contour lines of an OS map
- Know 8 pt compass and use.
- Understand how to use an atlas and be able to interpret different types of maps.
- Be able to use online maps.
Definitely been reminded by this one that I can over plan and generally things go better when there is some element of ‘winging it’.